BEEF AND BEANS MEATLOAF
Meatloaf Mexican style loaded with chorizo, onions, peppers, tomatoes, and some re-fried beans.
THE INGREDIENTS YOU’LL NEED:
- Ground Chuck 80/20 – 5 lbs.
- Chorizo – 1 ½ lbs.
- Refried Beans – 16 ounce can
- Tortilla Chips – 1/8 cup crushed (substitute bread crumbs)
- Egg – 1
- Bell Pepper – ¼ cup diced
- Poblano Pepper – ¼ cup diced
- Onion – ½ cup diced
- Diced Tomatoes with Chilies – 7 ounce can
- Cumin – 2 teaspoons
- Dried Oregano – 2 teaspoons
- Chili Powder – 2 teaspoons
- SPG – 2 teaspoons
- Baking Sheet
1. Bring grill temperature up to 300-325 degrees Fahrenheit, with coals offset for indirect cooking.
2. Chop peppers and onion; set aside.
3. Remove chorizo sausage from the casing and put in large bowl with ground chuck.
4. Add eggs, onions, peppers, and dried spices to bowl.
5. Add diced tomatoes, tortilla chips, and refried beans.
6. Using your hands combine thoroughly.
7. Place on baking sheet and form into a meat loaf packing it tightly.
1. Place baking sheet on grill opposite hot coals.
2. Cook for approximately 1 hour, remove lid and rotate. Place cover back on grill.
3. Cook for another hour or until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees Fahrenheit. .
1. Remove meatloaf from grill and rest for 10 minutes.
2. Slice meatloaf into serving size pieces.
3. Place in soft tortillas, buns, or on a plate.
1. Serve on a plate with mashed potatoes, baked beans, and cucumber salad.
2. Sit back, relax, and enjoy!!