MASHED POTATOES WITH STEAK AND BOURBON GRAVY
Kicking back at the Pit and cooking up some apple beer steaks, mashed potatoes with steak & bourbon gravy, fresh picked roasted corn, & spicy garlic bread.
THE INGREDIENTS YOU’LL NEED:
FOR ROASTED GARLIC
- Garlic bulbs 3
- Olive oil 1 Tablespoon
- Cooking oil 1 Tablespoon (as needed)
- Bacon slices 4 (3-4)
- Butter stick 1
- Diced onion 3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs) (1/2-3/4)
- Mushroom 1⁄2 Pound, sliced
- Fresh ground black peppercorn To Taste
- Salt To Taste
- Bourbon 1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)
- Flour 1 1⁄2 Tablespoon (as needed)
- Beef stock 5 Quart (or of your choice)
- Sirloin steak 1 Large
FOR STEAK SAUCE
- Minced garlic 1 Teaspoon
- Fresh cracked pepper To Taste
- Beer 1 Bottle (1 l) (apple beer or of your choice)
- Vadalia onions 1 , sliced
- Sliced mushroom 1 Pound
- Cornstarch slurry 1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (as needed)
FOR MASHED POTATOES
- Potatoes 15 Pound, cooked, drained
- Sour cream 1 Cup (16 tbs) (more or less as needed)
- Milk 1 Cup (16 tbs) (more or less as needed)
- Shredded cheese 1 Pound (of your choice)
FOR GARLIC BREAD
- Butter stick 3
- Minced garlic 1 Tablespoon
- Worcestershire sauce 1 Tablespoon
- Hot sauce 1 Tablespoon
- Black pepper 1 Teaspoon
- Salt 1 Pinch
- Bread loaf 2
- Grated parmesan cheese To Taste
FOR ROASTED GARLIC:
1. Slice the top of garlic bulb, drizzle olive oil, and warp in a piece of foil.
2. Place on grill over indirect flame, cover and cook until done.
3. Place a roasting pan on grill, pour oil and add bacon pieces in it. Stir and cook for a few minutes or until partially done.
4. Add butter, let it melt, and then add diced onion. Cook until translucent.
5. Stir in mushroom, season with salt and pepper. Saute well.
6. Pour bourbon and add flour to make a roux. Cook for a few minutes and then pour stock. Cover and let it simmer.
7. Meanwhile, sprinkle salt and pepper on steak. Place on grill over direct flame and sear until medium rare.
8. Remove meat from grill and chop into small pieces.
9. Add seared steak pieces into the pan and continue to simmer for 15-20 minutes.
FOR STEAK SAUCE:
10. Place a black iron pan on flame and melt butter in it.
11. Add olive oil, garlic, salt, and pepper. Whisk well.
12. Pour apple beer, and add onion slices. Let onion poach in beer.
13. Stir in mushroom, cook down a bit and then pour cornstarch slurry (as needed to thicken sauce). Stir and cook until sauce thickens.
FOR MASHED POTATOES:
14. In a large pot, mash the cooked potatoes, and then squeeze and add roasted garlic bulbs. Mix well.
15. Add butter, sour cream, salt, pepper, milk, and cheese. Mix well.
For Garlic Bread:
16. In a pan, combine butter, minced garlic, Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce, black pepper, and salt. Mix until well incorporate.
17. Cut bread loaf in half and spread the butter mixture generously on it.
18. Sprinkle grated Parmesan cheese on top and toast on grill.
19. Serve with grilled steak and corn and enjoy!
THINGS YOU WILL NEED
Black Iron Pan