SPARE RIB BEER SOUP
Nothing warms the soul like a hot bowl of Beer Soup, especially when it’s loaded with slow-smoked Pork Spare Ribs.
THE INGREDIENTS YOU’LL NEED:
- Pork spare ribs – 2 racks – smoked (Cook using a BBQ Pit Boys recipe, or your favorite method)
- Beer – 2 pints – lager, ale, or bock
- Beef Broth – 2 quarts
- Red Potatoes – 8-10 medium size
- Garlic – 3 cloves minced
- Celery Stalks – 2 chopped
- Carrots – 1-2 sliced
- Pearl Onions – 10 oz. peeled
- Salt – 1 teaspoon
- Pepper – 2 teaspoons
- Vegetable Oil – 4-5 Tablespoons
1. Chop celery stalks and slice carrots.
2. Mince garlic and slice potatoes into bite sized pieces.
3. Peel pearl onions and set all veggies aside.
4. Place a large stock pot on the stove over medium heat.
5. Add vegetable oil to pot.
6. Add in garlic, potatoes, celery, carrots, and pearl onions. Stir vegetables.
7. Cook until softened 3-5 minutes. Do not fry.
8. Pour in 2 quarts beef broth.
9. Pour in 2 pints beer.
10. Add salt and pepper.
11. Stir and warm over medium heat for 4-5 minutes.
12. Add potatoes to soup. If you don’t use red potatoes you may want to peel the potatoes you use.
13. Continue to heat on stove. Stir occasionally.
14. Remove meat from rib bones. Make sure to remove all bones and cartilage.
15. Rough chop meat and add to soup.
16. Simmer for 30 minutes stirring occasionally.
17. Put soup in bowls.
18. Serve with corn bread.
19. Sit back, relax, and enjoy!!