STEAK AND OYSTERS SEAFOOD
This 100 year old recipe was a favorite steak dinner of the nouveau riche in the northern States during the Industrial Revolution. And for good reason. That grilled beef steak stuffed with fresh shucked oysters flavor is real tasty and a surf and turf classic.
THE INGREDIENTS YOU’LL NEED:
- Steak – 2 your favorite kind 1 ½ inch thick.
- Fresh sucked Oysters
- SPG Seasoning – Recipe found here
- Butter – ½ stick
- Dark Beer – 6 oz.
- Brown Sugar – ¼ cup
- Worcestershire Sauce – 1 Tbsp.
- Small pot
- Black iron skillet
1. Set up your grills for indirect grilling. Place hot coals on 1 side of the grill and no coals on the other side of the grill.
2. Trim the steaks of any excess fat
3. Cut a pocket into the steaks by making a slit in the side of the steak
4. Stuff the pocket with fresh shucked oysters
5. Seal the slit with the toothpicks
6. Season the steaks on both sides with SPG Seasoning
THE STEAK SAUCE
7. Place the small pot on the grill over the hot coals
8. To the pot add
6 oz. of dark beer
¼ cup of brown sugar
½ tsp of SPG Seasoning
A pat of Butter
9. Stir and move to the side of the grill with no coals
10. Let simmer for a few minutes
11. Add 1 Tbsp. of Worcestershire Sauce to the pot
12. Taste and add more SPG if needed
13. Remove from the grill and set aside
14. Place the steaks on the grill directly over the hot coals to sear
15. Sear on both sides for 2 minutes per side
16. After seared move the steaks to the side of the grill with no coals to finish cooking
17. Cover the grill with the lid
18. Cook the steaks to your desired doneness
19. When steaks are done place the skillet on the grill directly over the hot coals
20. Add ½ stick of butter to the skillet to melt
21. Add any extra Oysters to the skillet and fry them in the butter
22. Place a steak on top of a bed of French fries
23. Place the fried Oysters on top of the steak
24. Top everything with the steak sauce
25. Serve and Enjoy!