Watch the BBQ Pit Boys smoke up some tender and moist Turkey Breast on the grill.
THE INGREDIENTS YOU’LL NEED:
Bone in turkey breast — 16 Pound
- Orange juice 1 Gallon
- Apple juice 1 Gallon
- Salt 2 Cup (32 tbs) (Soaked in brine and brine discarded)
- Brown sugar 2 Cup (32 tbs)
- Molasses 1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)
- Worcestershire sauce 1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)
- Black pepper 2 Tablespoon
- Cajun spice 1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)
- Onion 1 , quartered
- Ice cubes 1 Gallon
- Vegetable oil 6 Tablespoon (as needed)
- Rub 1 Cup (16 tbs) (more or less as needed)
1. In a large bucket, combine orange juice, apple juice, salt, brown sugar, molasses, Worcestershire sauce, black pepper, Cajun spice, and onion.
2. Place turkey into the brine, add ice cubes, and set aside for 4- 4 ½ hours.
3. Preheat grill to 225-250 degree F.
4. Remove the turkey breast from brine, pat dry with paper towel and coat with vegetable oil.
5. Sprinkle rub on turkey and coat well both inside and outside.
6.Place the turkey breasts on grill, over indirect flame, and smoke for about 4 hours or until the internal temperature reaches 160-162 degree F. Turn the meat once half way through for even cooking.
7. Remove the turkey from grill and wrap with foil and set aside for 30 minutes.
8. Carve and serve hot!
THINGS YOU WILL NEED
favorite wood chips for smoking