Apple Cider Pork Belly
This Apple Cider injected pork Belly is so crispy and so juicy you won’t ever want go back to that boring old recipe with these real easy to follow tips and tricks…
More information about our new Santa Maria grill: https://bbqpitboys.com/santamariagrill
For this Apple Cider Pork Belly you need the following ingredients:
• Pork Belly with Skin
• Olive Oil
• Hard Apple Cider
• BBQ Rub (Your favorite seasoning or rub)
1. Using a very sharp knife, score the skin through the to the fat layer about 1/4 inch deep.
2. Rub the skin with olive oil and then add the salt and massage well into the grooves of the cut slices.
3. Flip the pork belly over to expose the meat side and add olive oil and you favorite rub or seasoning, be sure to cost well.
4. Using a meat injector, fill the meat with as much apple cider as you can fit it.
5. Place the diced carrots, celery garlic and onion into a roasting pan and place the pork belly skin side UP on to of the vegetable.
Add a can or two of cider to the pan, be sure that the level of cider stops just before making contact with the meat.
6. Place the pan on indirect heat with the grill at 475°F [250°C]) for 20 minutes.
After 20 minutes reduce temperature to 300-325°F [150-160°C].
7. Maintain temperature and cook for 3 – 3 1/2 hours.