BABY BACK RIBS
The BBQ Pit Boys show you how to make a citrus Marinade, a Cajun rub, and a Pepper Bourbon sauce for serving up moist and tender Baby Backs at your Pit.
THE INGREDIENTS YOU’LL NEED:
- Baby back rib rack — 2
- Orange juice — 2 Tablespoon (to spray, as needed)
- Orange juice — 1 Cup (16 tbs)
- Lemon juice — 1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)
- Water — 1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)
- Salt — 2 Tablespoon
- Red pepper flakes — 2 Tablespoon
- Lime juiced — 1
- Coarse salt — 4 Tablespoon
- Garlic powder — 2 Tablespoon
- Onion powder — 1 Tablespoon
- Paprika — 2 Tablespoon
- Dried thyme — 1 Tablespoon
- Dried oregano — 1 Tablespoon
- Cayenne pepper — 1 Tablespoon
- Ground black peppercorn — 1 Tablespoon
FOR PEPPER BOURBON SAUCE
- Bourbon — 1 Cup (16 tbs)
- Brown sugar — 1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)
- Salt — 2 Teaspoon
- Red pepper flakes — 1⁄2 Teaspoon
- Tobasco — 2 Teaspoon (1-2)
- Butter — 2 Tablespoon
1. Cut and remove the membrane from the baby back ribs as shown in the video.
2. In plastic bag, place meat and add orange juice, lemon juice, water, salt, red pepper flakes, and lime juice. Seal the bag, mix well and pop in refrigerator for at least 3 hours.
3. In a small bowl, combine salt, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, thyme, oregano, cayenne pepper, and black peppercorn. Mix well.
FOR PEPPER BOURBON SAUCE:
4. In a saucepan, combine bourbon, brown sugar, salt, red pepper flakes, tobasco, and butter. Place the pan on flame, stir and bring it to a simmer.
5. Remove meat from marinade and pat dry using paper towel. Apply rub on both sides.
6. Place rib on grill over indirect flame, cover and cook for 21/2- 3 hours at 275 degree F. Check once after an hour and spray orange juice to add moisture.
7. Baste meat with bourbon sauce a few times while cooking.
8. Remove the meat from heat and let rest for 15-20 minutes.
9. Cut into slices and serve hot.
THINGS YOU WILL NEED
Paper Towel and Old Hickory Knife – to remove membrane
2 Gallon Plastic bag
Hickory wood for smoking