Backstrap Rib Chops
This White Tail Venison back-strap chop recipe is so effortless and comes complete with fantastic results. The venison is so tender it will amaze you. All it takes is a little wine, some juniper berries and a few simple ingredients and steps as shown here by the BBQ Pit Boys.
For these Venison back-strap chops you need the following ingredients :
Venison Back Strap chops
1. Grind up the black pepper, juniper berries and salt to a powder,
2. Apply the blended seasoning to both side of the chops,
3. Slice and dice up the onions garlic and mushrooms
4. Place the chops on the grill and par cook them to about 100 f over direct heat
5. Place the chopped vegetables into a cast iron pan with a 1/2 cup of white wine about 250 cc of beef stock and reduce it down.
6. Add a little flour to thicken to a gravy
7. Place the venison chops on top of the gravy mix and cook further until they reach an internal temp of 140 f, don’t overcook them.