Bacon Cheeseburger Deluxe
Fire up that Barbecue Grill of yours because these Bacon Cheeseburgers are quick and easy to do and perfect for that tailgating or backyard Que.
For this recipe you need the following ingredients
8 lbs. – Ground Chuck 80/20
1 lb. – Thick sliced Bacon
8 oz. – Pepperoni
2-3 links(12 oz.) – Sausage, removed from natural casings(or use favorite sausage)
2 minced – Garlic Cloves
4 – Jalapenos(2 sliced, 2 finely diced, divided)
1-2 oz. – Olives(Sliced)
1 lb. – Shredded Cheese(divided in half)
3 cans – Tomato Paste(optional)
4-6 – Mushrooms(Sliced)
1 – Red bell peppers(Sliced)
1 – White Onion(Thick Sliced 1/8”-1/4”)
1-2 Sprigs – Parsley(Chopped)
SPG (Salt & Peppr)
8 – Hamburger Buns
1. Bring grill temperature up to 275°F(135°C), with coals offset for indirect cooking.
2. Combine SPG to taste with ground chuck in a 2” deep grill safe pan. Mix well.
3. Flatten ground chuck evenly over entire pan.
4. Cover meat with tomato paste, or your favorite sauce. Spread evenly.
5. Add 1/2 lb. of shredded cheese over top of meat. We used Mexican blend, but you use your favorite cheese.
6. Begin to layer toppings evenly. Add sausage (removed from natural casings), onions, red bell peppers, mushrooms, jalapenos, pepperoni, olives, or any of your favorite toppings.
7. Take thick sliced bacon (cut in half) and begin to layer the burger.
8. Place pan opposite hot coals for indirect cooking. Place lid on grill.
9. After 45 minutes, remove excess grease from pan using a turkey baster. You may have to do this more than once depending on your meat.
10. Rotate pan a half turn for even cooking. Grill should still be at 275 degrees Fahrenheit. Cover grill and wait another 45 minutes.
11. During this time, take minced garlic cloves and finely chopped jalapenos and combine them. Set aside.
12. When time is up, remove lid and carefully slice loaf into 8 burgers.
13. Top each burger with additional shredded cheese.
14. Add jalapeno and garlic mixture over each burger.
15. Cover grill for another 10 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
16. Cover burgers with chopped parsley.
17. Remove burgers from pan while still on the grill.
18. Place burgers on hamburger buns.
19. Top with onion, pickles, tomatoes, or any of your favorite toppings.
20. Serve with smoked beans, cole slaw, or potato salad.
Sit back, relax, and enjoy!!