BACON CRUSTED SPARERIBS
Grill up BBQ Pit Boys Bacon Crusted Ribs next time at your Pit. It’s real easy to do
THE INGREDIENTS YOU’LL NEED:
- Pork spare ribs – 2 racks – 3-4 lbs. each
- Bacon – 3 lbs. thick sliced.
- Beer – 12 oz.
- Dry rub – use your favorite
- BBQ Sauce – use your favorite
- SPG – to taste
- Aluminum Foil
1. Bring smoker temperature up to 275 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Separate bacon into ¼ lb. sections and place on smoker for 2-3 hrs.
3. Place an aluminum pan under bacon to catch grease or aluminum foil.
4. Bring grill temperature up to 275 degrees Fahrenheit with coals to the side for indirect cooking.
5. Trim excess fat from spare ribs or have your butcher trim them for you.
6. Score the thin membrane on the back side of each rack of ribs.
7. Wet ribs with beer so seasoning will adhere to them.
8. Sprinkle your favorite rub and SPG on the ribs.
9. Place ribs on grill opposite hot coals for indirect cooking. Place lid on grill.
10. Cook ribs for 2 hours then remove and individually wrap in aluminum foil.
11. Be sure to rotate and turn racks when placing them back on grill.
12. Cover grill and cook for another 45 minutes.
13. After 2 ½ – 3 hours of smoking, remove the bacon and place on a cutting board.
14. Do not over-cook bacon as it will be going on the grill and will finish crisping there.
15. Finely chop all of the bacon. Use approximately 1 lb. of bacon per rack of ribs.
16. Remove ribs from aluminum foil and place back on grill opposite hot coals.
17. Coat ribs with a thick coat of BBQ sauce.
18. Place chopped bacon on top of each rack of ribs.
19. Cover grill and cook for another 45 minutes.
20. Remove ribs from grill and allow them to rest for 5-10 minutes.
21. Cut ribs into sections for serving.
22. Serve with pit beans, potato salad, macaroni salad, and extra sauce.
23. Sit back, relax, and enjoy!!