Bacon Pepper Poppers
Packed with cheese, pepper powder. Ground pork and wrapped in pork belly bacon, these bacon pepper poppers are a break from the same old jalapeno poppers we all love, check out this really easy to do recipe.
More information about our new Santa Maria grill: https://bbqpitboys.com/santamariagrill
For this Bacon Pepper Poppers recipe you need the following ingredients:
• Green Bell Peppers
• Ground Pork
• Pork Belly Bacon
• 1 Egg
• 1/2 Red Onion Or 1/2 Cup Chopped Scallion
• 1/2 Cabbage
• 3 tsp White Pepper Powder
• 2 tsp Onion Powder
• 2 Tbsp Sugar
• 2 tsp Sesame Oil
• 3 Tbsp Soy Sauce
• 1/2 tsp Salt
1. Combine the ground pork with the White pepper powder, Onion powder, Sesame oil, Soy sauce and Salt, mix well and add to a pre-heated pan.
Partially cook the mix to brown, set aside to cool down.
2. Take the cabbage and dice it into about 1/2 inch pieces, once diced place it into a bowl and crush it in your hands to break the fibers to the point it has begun to release its water and has become limp, don’t skip this process, once complete add to the partially cooked ground pork with to the cored bell peppers and plug a slice of cheese into the mix.
3. Wrap the bell peppers with the pork belly bacon and place over indirect heat until the internal temp temperature reaches 165°F [74°C].
4. Serve hot with fresh sliced garlic and your favorite dipping sauce.