Beef & Bacon Mozzarella Balls
Packed with fresh mozzarella, jalapenos and chili relish and topped with melted mozzarella these Beef and Bacon balls are quick and easy to do with just a few simple steps as shown here by the BBQ Pit Boys.
More information about our new Santa Maria grill: https://bbqpitboys.com/santamariagrill
For this Beef & Bacon Mozzarella Balls recipe you need the following ingredients:
3/4 lb Ground Beef
1/4 lb Ground Pork
Thin sliced pork belly bacon
Chili relish or use you favorite relish or pickle
Seasoning such as SPG or use your favorite seasoning
1. Blend and season the ground pork and beef and make into patties.
2. Spread some chili relish onto the patty and place a good amount of the fresh mozzarella cheese on top with a couple of sliced of jalapenos.
3. Form the patty into a ball making sure you seal off as much as possible, so the melting cheese doesn’t leak out.
4. Wrap the ball with two rounds of the pork belly bacon.
5. Place the bacon wrapped balls opposite the hot coals at a temp around 350°F [177°C].
6. At about the halfway point as the bacon begins to tighten and brown, rotate for even cooking, at this point you can add a few pieces for your favorite smoke wood.
7. Check the internal temp is close to 165°F [74°C], top each of the balls with a slice of the fresh mozzarella and once melted and at serve hot.