Great as snacks or a main meal, these Beef Fritters are a hit at the Pit every time. And they are quick and easy to do as shown here by the BBQ Pit Boys.
For this Beef Fritters recipe you need the following ingredients:
600g Ground Beef 85/15
2lb / 1kg Mashed Potatoes
1 Onion (Finely Chopped)
4 Tbsp Flour
2 Tbsp Pepper
SPG seasoning, use your favorite seasoning.
Panko Bread Crumbs
We also used a fast read digital thermometer, well worth checking out this: Waterproof Digital Probe Thermometer
1. Chop the onion finely, add some oil into the fry pan, stir-fry the chopped onions to soften. Add the ground beef, pepper and SPG seasoning to the pan, fry until browned.
2. Allow to cool before adding to the mashed potatoes.
3. Form the mixture into medium size patties.
* be sure they are cool enough, if need be, refrigerate them for 20-30 minutes. This will ensure they don’t break up will frying
4. Dip the in the flour first, then coat in the whisked egg, then into the Panko mix and coat well.
5. Fry in hot oil (350°F/177°C) until golden brown on all sides.
Serve hot with your favorite sauce.