BLACK IRON PIZZA POT PIE
This all meat deep dish style pizza will surely keep the Vegematics and Health Zombies away, so take another slice!
THE INGREDIENTS YOU’LL NEED:
- Meatballs – 1 dozen
- Link Sausage – 1 lb.
- Pepperoni slices – 4 oz.
- Bacon – 4 or 5 slices
- Mushrooms – sliced
- Bell Pepper – diced
- Onion – diced
- Garlic – 2 cloves minced
- Stuffed Olives – sliced
- Pizza Sauce – 1 cup
- Mozzarella Cheese – shredded
- Canned Pizza Dough – 1 roll
- Cooking Oil
- 10 inch Black Iron Skillet
1. Set up your grill for indirect heat (hot coals on one side of the grill and no coals on the other side of the grill) You are looking for a temperature of 350 degrees Fahrenheit
2. Place the Meatballs, Sausage, Ham and Bacon on the grill and cook until done
3. Remove meats from the grill
- Slice the sausage
- Cube the ham
- Cut the meatballs into 1/4s
- Chop the bacon
4. Oil up a 10 inch black iron skillet making sure to coat the sides. This is to prevent the pizza dough from sticking.
5. Unroll the pizza dough over the skillet. Stretching it as you go. Pressing into the pan. Do not worry if there is extra that hangs over the sides. Just leave it for now, we will fold it over the top later
6. Load up the skillet with the:
- Sliced Mushrooms
- Diced Bell Pepper Chopped Onion
- Minced Garlic
- Stuffed Olives
7. Pour 1 cup of your favorite pizza sauce over the pizza ingredients
8. Add a heaping layer of the shredded Mozzarella cheese on the top of the sauce and ingredients
9. Take the extra dough that is hanging over the sides of the skillet and fold it over the top of the pizza
10. Place the skillet on the side of the grill with no coals
11. Cover the grill with the lid
12. You want to cook the pizza until the dough is cooked and browned
13. When the crust is browned remove the skillet from the grill and let the pizza rest for a few minutes. This will help let the pizza firm up so it is easier to cut and serve
14. Serve and Enjoy!