Alligator Sauce Piquant with Alligator Kababs
The BBQ Pit Boys cook up some Alligator Sauce Piquant along with some fried Gator Rolls, and marinated Alligator Skewers.
THE INGREDIENTS YOU'LL NEED:
FOR THE ALLIGATOR SAUCE PIQUANT
1. In a large pot, heat oil on medium heat and sauté the flour till it begins to changes color to yellowish. Season with the Cajun seasoning and continue to sauté.
2. Add the alligator meat and stir well and cook for a few minutes till the roux (flour mixture) coats the meat well. Add the tomatoes and stir well. Cook for few more minutes till the tomatoes are soft, followed by the tomato paste. Stir well till combined.
3. After 5 minutes throw in the onions, celery and bell pepper, Stir well till combined. Then put the garlic and parsley. Mix well till incorporated.
4. Cook for a few more minutes and pour the stock. Season with Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce and stir to incorporate. Pour the red wine and sprinkle cayenne pepper. Mix again till combined.
5. Add the sausages and green onions, stir well, cover with a lid and cook for around 2 hours or till the sauce thickens and meat is fully cooked, while stirring occasionally. Turn off the heat.
6. Serve the sauce Piquant steaming hot over cooked rice or bread of choice.
FOR THE ALLIGATOR SKEWERS
1. In a bowl mix all the ingredients, except the alligator meat, till combined. Add the meat and mix well till it is well coated with the marinade. Cover and marinate for around 24 hours.
2. Remove from the fridge and skewer it on bamboo skewers. Place them on hot grill and cook till all sides are fully cooked and done.
3. Serve the skewers as appetizers with salads or as it is.
FOR THE ROLLS
1. In a bowl add both the flours and seasoning and mix well. Pour the beer and whisk well to form a smooth batter. Put in the alligator meat and mix well till they are well coated with the batter.
2. Over medium heat, heat oil in a deep frying pan. Put the batter coated alligator meat and fry till they turn golden brown in color. Transfer onto paper towel to drain off excess oil.
3. Serve the deep fried alligator in bread slices with toppings and sauce of choice.
Alligator meat can be replaced with any meat of choice.
Not enough items available. Only [max] left.