BABY BACK RIBS IN PINEAPPLE WHISKEY SAUCE
If you're looking for a over-the-top pork rib recipe for Baby Backs, then ya gotta check out Smoked Loin-Back Ribs braised in a Pineapple Whiskey barbecue sauce !
THE INGREDIENTS YOU'LL NEED:
- Baby Back Ribs – 2 lbs. each - 2 racks (loin ribs)
- Olive Oil
- Pineapple – 3 lbs. chunked (large chunks)
- Cherries – 15 oz. can, pitted
- Pork Rub – store bought or your favorite
- Large aluminum pan
- Onion – 2 cups chopped
- Garlic Cloves – 6 minced
- Catsup – 1 ½ cups
- Apple Cider Vinegar – ¼ cup
- Brown Sugar – ½ cup
- Molasses – ¾ cup
- Black Pepper – ½ Tablespoon
- Tomato Paste – 6 oz.
- Worcestershire Sauce – ¼ cup
- Kosher Salt – ½ Tablespoon
- Hot Pepper Sauce – 3 Tablespoons
- Whiskey – ¾ cup (Substitute with bourbon)
1. Bring grill temperature up to 250-275 degrees Fahrenheit, with coals offset for indirect cooking.
2. Place large stock pot over coals and add 6-7 tablespoons of oil.
3. Add onions and garlic to pot. Cook until translucent.
4. Add catsup, apple cider vinegar, brown sugar, molasses, black pepper, tomato paste, Worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper sauce, and whiskey to make sauce. Heat to simmer.
5. Remove membrane from back side of each rack of ribs.
6. Coat each rack liberally with your favorite dry rub. Be sure to coat edges as well.
7. Place ribs in aluminum pan.
8. Pour sauce in pan about ¼” deep. Do not cover ribs.
9. Add in 15 oz. can of pitted cherries over ribs.
10. Place chunked pineapple over ribs.
11. Be sure to maintain grill at 250-275 degrees Fahrenheit.
12. Place pan on grill opposite hot coals.
13. Cover grill and cook 45 - 60 minutes. Remove cover and add a couple chunks of apple wood to your coals.
14. Mop ribs with pan sauce. Cover grill.
15. Mop every 20 - 30 minutes for the next 2 hours.
16. After an hour and a half, lift the ribs so they lay on top of the pineapple and cherries. Rotate pan 180 degrees if using indirect heat for even cooking.
17. After 3 hours of cooking remove ribs from grill and place on a cutting board.
18. Place pan drippings back into pan used to make sauce and reheat for dipping.
19. Allow ribs to rest while sauce heats to a simmer.
20. Cut ribs into sections for serving.
21. Place rib sections on a plate and coat with pineapple sauce.
22. Add cole slaw, grilled corn, corn bread, or beans as a side dish.
23. Sit back, relax, and enjoy!!
Not enough items available. Only [max] left.