Backstrap Rib Chops
Venison / Wild Game / Deer
This White Tail Venison back-strap chop recipe is so effortless and comes complete with fantastic results. The venison is so tender it will amaze you. All it takes is a little wine, some juniper berries and a few simple ingredients and steps as shown here by the BBQ Pit Boys.
- Venison Back Strap chops
- Juniper berries
- Black pepper
- Cooking oil
- Butter Onion
- Beef stock
- White wine
- Grind up the black pepper, juniper berries and salt to a powder
- Apply the blended seasoning to both side of the chops,
- Slice and dice up the onions garlic and mushrooms
- Place the chops on the grill and par cook them to about 100 f over direct heat
- Place the chopped vegetables into a cast iron pan with a 1/2 cup of white wine about 250 cc of beef stock and reduce it down.
- Add a little flour to thicken to a gravy
- Place the venison chops on top of the gravy mix and cook further until they reach an internal temp of 140 f, don’t overcook them.