BACON BURGER DOGS
Outrageous! Scandalous! A Vegematic's nightmare! Call 'em what you will, but these Cosby Show inspired BACON BURGER DAWGS are wrapped Beef, Bacon & Cheese
THE INGREDIENTS YOU'LL NEED:
- Hot Dogs – Natural Casing
- Hamburger – 80/20 (Slightly chilled)
- SPG Seasoning – Recipe found at this link
- Thin Cut bacon – 2 slices per hot dog
- Hot dog Buns
- Your Favorite condiments
1. Your hamburger should be slightly chilled to make it easier to work with when rolling it around the hot dog. You can do this by placing it in the freezer for a few minutes
2. Make a ball of hamburger (about tennis ball size) and season it with the SPG
3. Flatten the ball out on your work surface – You want a thickness of about 1/8 to ¼ inch.
4. Take your knife and trim the flattened patty so that about 1 inch of hot dog will stick out on each end.
5. Place your hot dog on the hamburger and roll the hamburger around it until you have a single layer on hamburger surrounding the hot dog – trim off excess.
6. Work the hamburger wrapped hot dog with your hands to help the hamburger stick to the hot dog.
7. Take 2 slices of the thin sliced bacon and wrap them around the hot dog diagonally
8. Again work the hot dog in your hands to adhere the bacon to the hamburger
1. Set up your grill for indirect heat (hot coals on one side of the grill and no coals on the other side of the grill) – You’re looking for a grill temperature between 350 to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Place the hot dogs on the indirect heat side of the grill (side with no coals)
3. Cover the grill with the lid (top vent over the hot dogs) you are looking at a cook time of 30 to 40 minutes depending on your grill temp.
4. After 20 minutes, rotate the hot dogs 180 degrees and flip them over. This will let them cook evenly
5. Just before the hot dogs are done, put your favorite grated or sliced cheese on top of each hotdog
6. Put cover back on grill to let cheese melt
7. After 2 or 3 minutes and cheese has melted remove hotdogs from the grill
8. Place a hotdog on a bun and add your favorite condiments
9. Serve and Enjoy!
Not enough items available. Only [max] left.