Based on our original Beer Can Bacon Burgers these Shot Burgers are the perfect guuud eating for the Pub, Bar and the Pit. And stuff ‘em the way you want!
THE INGREDIENTS YOU'LL NEED:
Ground Chuck – 2-4 pounds 80/20
Bacon – 2 pounds regular cut (Pork Belly)
Buns - 6
STUFF ‘EM UP THE WAY YOU WANT… WE CALL THAT PITMASTERS PRIVILEGE.
WE STUFFED 'EM WITH:
Cheese – chunked/shredded (your favorite will do)
Bell Peppers – Red/Green
Tomato – chopped
1. Bring grill temperature up to 300 degrees Fahrenheit with coals offset for indirect cooking.
2. Sauté mushrooms, onions, and peppers.
3. Heat up beef hash, chopped tomato, bacon, roast beef, and canned chili. (Or your favorite toppings. Just make sure your stuffing ingredients are pre-cooked)
4. Make hamburger balls, 4-5 ounces each. Make sure meat is cold.
5. Press shot glass into center of each meatball forming a pocket around the shot glass.
6. Wrap bacon around each one.
7. Using a dish towel, remove shot glass from meatball carefully.
8. Do this until all meatballs have been formed.
9. Take stuffing/toppings and start placing inside meatball pockets. Use your favorite toppings.
10. Chunk cheese and place inside desired meatballs or top with shredded cheese.
11. Add a few dashes of hot sauce or bbq sauce.
1. Place bacon burgers opposite hot coals for indirect cooking.
2. Put lid on grill and cook for 30 minutes.
3. After 30 minutes rotate burgers for even cooking.
4. Cook until desired doneness.
1. Place bacon burgers on buns.
2. Top with favorite condiments.
1. Serve with fries, chips, cole slaw, potato salad, or grilled vegetables.
2. Sit back, relax, and enjoy!!