BACON CHICKEN STICKS
Looking for another way to grill up some chicken? Check this recipe out. These grilled chicken kabobs are tasty, tender and juicy every time.
THE INGREDIENTS YOU'LL NEED:
- Boneless/skinless chicken breasts – 5-6 split.
- Regular sliced pork belly bacon – 2 lb.
- Wooden skewers – 12-16. No need to soak in water
FOR CHICKEN RUB:
Chicken rub or favorite store bought rub
- Canola or Extra virgin olive oil – 1 cup
- Whole lemons – 2 – squeezed
- Granulated garlic – 1 Tablespoon
- Chili powder – 1 Tablespoon
- Louisiana hot sauce – 1 Tablespoon
- Ground cumin – 1/2 to 1 teaspoon
- Ground cayenne pepper – 1/2 to 1 teaspoon, to taste
- Fresh cilantro – 1/2 cup – rough chop
1. Bring grill temperature up to 350 degrees Fahrenheit, with coals offset for indirect cooking.
2. Combine oil, juice from two lemons (place lemons in bowl after squeezing), granulated garlic, chili powder, hot sauce, ground cumin, ground cayenne pepper, and fresh cilantro in a large bowl. Mix well.
3. Set aside and prep chicken.
FOR MARINATED CHICKEN:
4. Trim chicken breasts and remove any excess fat.
5. Cut breasts into 3/4” to 1” strips, lengthwise
6. Carefully insert wooden skewers into chicken strips, lengthwise
7. Place chicken in a large container or large baggie. Pour marinade over chicken, refrigerate for 1-2 hours.
8. When marinating is done, remove each skewer and wrap in a piece of regular sliced pork belly bacon.
9. Continue until all skewers are wrapped.
FOR DRY RUB CHICKEN:
10. Follow steps 4 – 6.
11. Lightly sprinkle chicken dry rub, or your favorite rub, over each chicken skewer.
12. Wrap each skewer with a piece of regular sliced pork belly bacon.
13. Continue until desired amount are wrapped.
MARINATED CHICKEN OR DRY RUB CHICKEN
14. Place marinated/dry rub chicken skewers directly across from hot coals for indirect cooking. Grill temperature should be 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
15. Cover grill and cook for 10 minutes.
16. After 10 minutes, remove lid and rotate chicken over indirect heat for additional 10-12 minutes. Cover grill.
17. After 10-12 minutes, move chicken directly over hot coals to crisp bacon.
18. After 3-5 minutes, check skewers. Turn until bacon reaches desired doneness.
19. Transfer skewers to a serving platter.
20. Cover with foil until ready to serve.
Not enough items available. Only [max] left.