Beef / Appetizer / Snacks
Great as snacks or a main meal, these Beef Fritters are a hit at the Pit every time. And they are quick and easy to do as shown here by the BBQ Pit Boys.
- 600g Ground Beef 85/15
- 2lb / 1kg Mashed Potatoes
- 1 Onion (Finely Chopped)
- 4 Tbsp Flour
- 3 Eggs
- 2 Tbsp Pepper
- SPG seasoning, use your favorite seasoning.
- Vegetable Oil
- Panko Bread Crumbs
- BBQ Sauce
- Chop the onion finely, add some oil into the fry pan, stir-fry the chopped onions to soften. Add the ground beef, pepper and SPG seasoning to the pan, fry until browned.
- Allow to cool before adding to the mashed potatoes.
- Form the mixture into medium size patties. * be sure they are cool enough, if need be, refrigerate them for 20-30 minutes. This will ensure they don’t break up while frying
- Dip the in the flour first, then coat in the whisked egg, then into the Panko mix and coat well.
- Fry in hot oil (350°F/177°C) until golden brown on all sides.