Blackberry Rhubarb Pie
This wild Blackberry Rhubarb Pie is cooked in a cast iron pan over charcoal, and served with ice cream is a real winner. Never let is be said you can’t cook desert on a BBQ grill.
- 4 Cups of blackberries
- 2 cups rhubarb
- Egg wash (egg / milk mix)
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- Mix the fruit ingredients with the flour and sugar
- Using a heavy pan or pie tray, rub in some butter to stop sticking and lay the pastry into the base
- Paint on some egg wash to the pastry base and add the fruit ingredients mix
- Place the pastry lid on and pinch around the edges, paint some egg wash on the top and sprinkle on some sugar to give a sweet crispy crust.
- Place on a pre-heated grill around 375 degrees f over indirect heat
- Cook for around 25-30 minutes until the pastry is done
- Serve hot or cold with ice cream or fresh cream