You'll love the light smokey flavor of oysters from this quick and easy to grill "butter fire" technique, that will have you coming back for more!
THE INGREDIENTS YOU'LL NEED:
Fresh Oysters – 3-4 lbs.
Garlic – 3-4 cloves, smashed
Butter – 1-2 sticks
Parmesan Cheese – freshly grated
Smoked Bacon – 1 cup, chopped
Lemon – 1 sliced into wedges
Hot Pepper Sauce – favorite bottle
1. Bring grill temperature up to 350 - 375 degrees Fahrenheit, with coals spread evenly for grilling.
2. CAREFULLY open oysters using a ‘shucking’ tool. Wrap oyster in a wash cloth or dish towel to help reduce risk of injury.
3. After opening oyster, remove meat and place in the deep part of the shell.
4. Continue until all oysters are shucked.
5. Place a cast iron skillet directly over the coals to melt butter and garlic. Mix thoroughly.
6. Remove from grill when melted and set aside.
7. Place shells with meat directly over hot coals.
8. Spoon in the butter and garlic sauce to each shell.
9. Be sure to wipe down prep surfaces.
10. Bring juices to a simmer. Once the juices simmer, the oysters are done.
11. Transfer oysters to a platter or cutting board.
12. Top with your favorite toppings.
13. Serve with bacon, cheese, garlic butter, hot sauce, and lemon wedges.
14. Sit back, relax, and enjoy!!