DRUNKEN CLAMS AND SHRIMP
Get 'em drunk and they taste a whole lot better. This classic clam dish is served with some shrimp, and a wine and butter sauce!
THE INGREDIENTS YOU'LL NEED:
- Little neck clams -- 4 Pound
- Unsalted butter -- 1⁄4 Pound, divided
- Oil -- 1 Tablespoon
- Green onion stalks -- 2 , chopped
- Garlic cloves -- 5 , crushed (4-5)
- White wine -- 2 Cup (32 tbs)
- Juice of lemon -- 3 (or 1/4 cup of lemon juice)
- Red pepper flakes -- 1 Teaspoon
- Fresh ground black peppercorn -- To Taste
- 16/20 shrimp -- 1⁄4 Pound (as needed)
1. Place a pan on flame and heat oil and a little butter in it.
2. Add green onion and garlic. Saute briefly.
3. Pour white wine and lemon juice.
4. Add the remaining butter and season with red pepper flakes and fresh ground black peppercorns. Stir and let simmer.
5. Stir in clam and lay shrimp right on the top. Cook until the shells open and shrimp is done.
6. Serve hot with lemon wedge garnish.
Not enough items available. Only [max] left.