These Atomic Fireball Meatballs are quick and easy to grill up at the Pit
THE INGREDIENTS YOU'LL NEED:
Ground Chuck 80/20 – 3 lbs.
Regular sliced pork belly bacon – 1 lb.
SPG – to taste
Cinnamon flavored whiskey – 1 pint
1. Bring grill temperature up to 300 degrees Fahrenheit, with coals offset for indirect cooking.
2. Combine SPG to taste with ground chuck in bowl.
3. Add 1-2 shots (1 ½ - 3 oz) cinnamon flavored whiskey
4. Mix well.
5. Hand form meatballs, 4-6 oz. each, should yield 7-9 meatballs.
6. Take regular sliced bacon and begin to wrap each meatball. Approximately two pieces per meatball.
7. Place meatballs opposite hot coals for indirect cooking. Place lid on grill. Maintain 300 degrees Fahrenheit.
8. After 30 minutes, rotate meatballs for even cooking. Inject each meatball with a good shot of cinnamon whiskey (1/2 to 1 oz. each).
9. Cover grill and cook for an additional 20 minutes.
10. Transfer meatballs to a serving tray and let sit for a couple of minutes.