Check out the BBQ Pit Boys as they show you how to prepare this easy to make classic Asian dish on the grill.
THE INGREDIENTS YOU'LL NEED:
Pork Spare Ribs – 2 slabs – 3 lbs. each (Have your butcher trim them St. Louis style)
Hoisin Sauce – ½ cup
Oyster Sauce – ½ cup
Soy Sauce – ½ cup
Minced Garlic – 4 Tablespoons
Cayenne Pepper – ½ - 1 teaspoon
FOR MOPPING/BASTING SAUCE:
Soy Sauce – 3 Tablespoons
Honey – 1 teaspoon
1. Bring grill temperature up to 275 degrees Fahrenheit, with coals offset for indirect cooking.
2. Thoroughly combine marinade in a bowl and set aside.
3. Mix mopping/basting sauce thoroughly and set aside.
4. Cut up ribs into individual, single bone sections.
5. Place rib cutlets into bowl of marinade. Using your hands, coat ribs with marinade. Place ribs in the refrigerator for 2-3 hours, no longer.
6. Place ribs opposite hot coals in a single layer for indirect cooking. Cover grill and cook for 30 minutes.
7. Remove lid and mop with mopping/basting sauce. Turn and rotate ribs for even cooking. Cover and cook another 30 minutes.
8. Remove lid and baste again. Turn and rotate ribs for even cooking. Cover grill and cook for another 30 minutes.
9. Continue basting and turning/rotating ribs every 30 minutes for a total cook time of 3 hours.
10. Remove ribs from grill and place on a platter with dipping sauce.
11. Serve with a side of fried rice, salad, ginger mashed potatoes, or just by themselves.
12. Sit back, relax, and enjoy!!