Tender Spring Lamb Loin Chops served with fresh asparagus, potatoes, carrots, and onions hot off the grill make for a food feast fit for a holiday meal.
THE INGREDIENTS YOU'LL NEED:
- Lamb Loin Chops – 1 ½ to 1 ¾ thick
- Small Red Potatoes -6 peeled
- Baby Carrots – 1 lb.
- White Boiler Onions – 6 or 2 small onions chopped
- Asparagus – Trim off the bottom 25% of the stems
- Garlic Cloves – 5 or 6
- Mint Jelly
- Fresh Mint Leaf
- Black Iron pot with lid
- Instant read thermometer
FOR THE MARINADE
- Olive Oil – ½ cup
- Prepared Mustard – 1 Tbsp.
- Worcestershire Sauce – 1 Tbsp.
- Fresh Thyme sprigs – 3 or ½ tsp dry thyme
- Fresh ground Pepper – 2 tsp.
1. Add the following ingredients to a bowl;
2. Mix well and add the Lamb Loin Chops to the bowl
3. Coat the Lamb with the marinade and let sit for 1 hour or longer
- ½ cup Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp. Prepared Mustard
- 1 Tbsp. Worcestershire Sauce
- 3 sprigs fresh Thyme
- 2 tsp fresh ground Pepper
4. Set up your grill for indirect grilling. Hot coals on one side of the grill and no coals on the other side.
5. Place the black iron pot with water on the grill over the hot coals.
6. When the water is hot and simmering add the peeled potatoes to the pot. Cover pot with the lid
7. Add the Carrots and Onions to the pot and continue simmering on the side of the grill with no coals
8. Place the lamb chops on the grill directly over the hot coals
9. Sear the lamb chops for 2 minutes per side
10. After searing move the lamb chops to the side of the grill with no coals to finish cooking
11. Cover the grill with the lid
12. Place the asparagus on the grill directly over the hot coals and top with Garlic Cloves
13. Leave asparagus on direct heat for 2 minutes then move to the side of the grill with no coals
14. Remove the pot of potatoes, carrots & onions from the grill and set aside ( the potatoes should be fork tender)
15. Check the internal temp of the Lamb chops. You are looking for a temp of 135 to 140 degrees Fahrenheit.
16. Cover the grill with the lid
17. After 4 or 5 minutes the asparagus is done
18. Remove the lamb chops when they hit 135 degrees Fahrenheit and let rest to redistribute the juices throughout the meat.
19. Place a Lamb Chop on a plate add potatoes, carrots & onions
20. Top the chop with Mint Jelly and a fresh Mint Leaf
21. Serve and Enjoy!
Not enough items available. Only [max] left.