Grilled Sausage ‘n Peppers Sub
Rated 4.0 stars by 1 users
Grilled Subs / Sandwich / Pork / BBQ
Need a good last minute recipe? Grilled Sausage, Peppers and Onions on a fresh bread roll is hard to beat, whether at your Pit, the carnival, or the tail gate party. Watch the BBQ Pit Boys make a few up using the simple tips and tricks shown here.Author: The BBQ Pit Boys
- Place the sausages on a medium temp, preheated grill over indirect heat,
- Cut the bell peppers in half and remove the seeds,
- Cut the onion into good size pieces
- Into a preheated pan add the olive oil and add the onions and garlic and fry until they still have some crunch, add the SPG seasoning toward the end of the cooking,
- Place the bell peppers over direct heat and char the skins, don’t be afraid to add a good char, you want this flavor profile.
- Flip and roast the insides also over direct heat, you wont be able to char this side,
- Take the roasted pepper off the grill and add to the pan with the onions and garlic
- Mix in the sausages, sliced lengthwise.
- Add some fresh basil and place over direct heat for enough time to heat the basil and impart its flavor into the mix,
- Serve on a good crusty baguette, you may want to butter the bread first, but that’s optional.