Hobo Beef Foil Pack Dinner
Dinner , BBQ , Beef
For many scouts, campers, hikers, hunters, fishermen, and for those who walk the railroad tracks there’s no better eating than the classic Hobo Dinner using a foil pack. And, making them is real easy to do as shown here by the BBQ Pit Boys.
- Heavy Duty Foil
- Ground Beef
- Breakfast sausage
- Canned vegetables or use corn, carrots and peas.
- Canned Bread
- Our SPG
- Set a small fire and get the coals good and hot
- Slice the potato and onion thinly then take a sheet of heavy duty aluminum foil and place the ground beef down on the foil and add the breakfast sausages on top
- Load on the thin sliced potatoes and onions and add in the mixed vegetables and a couple of pickled jalapenos for a little bit of heat
- Add your favorite seasoning, we used our SPG, you can just use salt and pepper is you don’t have SPG
- Add the cabbage leaves on top and add some wine for a bit of moisture and seal the foil pack up
- Take a second sheet of aluminum foil and double wrap it.
- Place the pack over direct heat to cook and rotate and flip the foil pack about 8 minutes to cook evenly. Serve hot straight out of the foil pack.