The Pit Boys cook up a couple of racks of Spare Ribs using a simple pork rub and their Honey Mustard Barbecue sauce
THE INGREDIENTS YOU'LL NEED:
Rack of pork spare ribs -- 2
Pork rub -- 1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)
FOR HONEY MUSTARD SAUCE
Ketchup -- 1 Cup (16 tbs)
Honey mustard -- 1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)
Vinegar -- 4 Tablespoon
Dark brown sugar -- 1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)
Ground black pepper -- 1 Teaspoon
Hot sauce -- 4 Tablespoon
1. Clean and score the back membrane of pork ribs. Coat the meat with rub and let sit for a couple of hours.
FOR HONEY MUSTARD SAUCE:
2. In a saucepan, combine ketchup, honey mustard, vinegar, brown sugar, black pepper, and hot sauce. Mix well.
3. On hot grill, over indirect flame, place meat, cover and cook at 250-275 degree F for 3 ½-4 hours, flipping occasionally.
4. Heat the sauce and in the last one hour of cooking baste the meat quite a few times with it.
5. Remove the meat from grill and let rest before carving.