KFC DOUBLE DOWN CHICKEN SANDWICH
This classic chicken sandwich stuffed with smoked bacon and pepper jack cheese can be real tender and juicy with these few simple barbecue grilling tips by
THE INGREDIENTS YOU'LL NEED:
- Bacon – American Style 1 lb
- Pepper Jack Cheese – sliced
- Jalapeno pepper
- Fresh ground black pepper – 1 Tbs
- Garlic Flakes – 2 tsp you can substitute 1 tsp Garlic powder
- Panko breading – Panko is great for grilling because it does not burn as fast as other breading
- Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast halves – 3
- Canola Oil – Canola has a high burn temp so it is good to use while grilling
- Mixing Bowls – 2
- Black Iron Griddle – or iron skillet
- Plastic wrap
- Flat iron press or meat pounder
- A very sharp knife
Your Favorite Condiments
1. The chicken breasts will be to thick so you will need to split them in half – To do this;
Place the chicken breast flat on your cutting board
Place your hand not holding the knife on top of the breast palm side down and apply pressure down onto the breast.
Take your knife and place it about the middle of the breast and slowly start cutting down the center of the breast until all the way through.
2. After the chicken is cut thinner it is time to pound it down to a thin even consistency so you will get even cooking
Place each piece of chicken on the cutting board and cover with a piece of plastic wrap
Taking your flat iron or meat pounder flatten each breast out
3. Place the breasts into a mixing bowl
4. To the bowl of chicken add
Canola Oil – enough to coat all the chicken
Ground Black Peppercorn – 1 Tbs
Garlic Flake – 2 tsp
5. Mix the ingredients well – making sure all the chicken is coated
6. Remove the chicken 1 piece at a time and put it in another bowl that contains the Panko crumbs
7. Set up your grill for indirect heat (hot coals on one side of the grill and no coals on the other side of the grill)
8. Place the griddle directly over the hot coals to heat up
9. Place the bacon on the side of the grill that has no coals to start cooking
10. After the griddle is hot. It is time to sear the chicken. Place the chicken on the hot griddle and sear on each side for 2 minutes
11. When the chicken is seared move it to the side of the grill with no coals and move the bacon on to the griddle. This will let the chicken stay moist while it finishes cooking.
12. Take the bacon off the griddle and set aside after a few minutes
13. Cut your onion into slices and place on the hot griddle
14. After 5 minutes flip your chicken over to finish cooking
15. When your chicken reaches 170 to 180 degrees Fahrenheit
16. Assemble your Chicken sandwich!
Place a piece of chicken down
Spread mayonnaise on the chicken
Load up the chicken with bacon
Add slices of pepper Jack cheese
Add grilled onion slices, jalapeno or your favorite condiments
Top the sandwich off with another piece of chicken
17. Serve and Enjoy!
Not enough items available. Only [max] left.