MUSHROOM AND ONION HAMBURGERS
Sick of those plain old grilled hamburgers? Try this butter sautéed mushrooms and onions burger made from fresh ground beef chuck. It's easy to do!
THE INGREDIENTS YOU'LL NEED:
- Roast Beef Chuck – 1 Pound – If you do not want to grind your own have the butcher or meat counter at your store grind it for you.
- Onion – ¼ small to medium onion chopped
- Mushrooms – ¼ cup sliced
- SPG (mixture of Granulated Salt, fresh Black Pepper & Granulated Garlic)
- Butter – 1 Tbs
- Iron Skillet
- FOR SERVING
- Bread Slice – 2
1. Grind the Chuck Roast
2. Form the ground chuck into a 1lb patty – you want to make the patty firm and tight so it will not fall apart on the grill
3. Season the patty with the SPG – To Taste
4. Set up your grill for indirect heat (hot coals on one side of the grill and no coals on the other side of the grill) – You’re looking for medium hot coals
5. Place Skillet over the coals and add a dab of Butter
6. Add Chopped onions and mushrooms to the skillet to sauté them, cover grill with the lid
7. After the onions and mushrooms begin to brown – it just takes a few minutes – move the skillet to the side of the grill with no coals (indirect heat)
8. Place the Ground Chuck patty on the grill directly over the hot coals to sear the burger – about 2 minutes per side – recover grill with lid while searing
9. After the burger is seared, move it to the side of the grill with no coals to finish cooking
10. Cook the burger to the doneness that you prefer.
11. Top bread slice with the Ground Chuck burger
12. Pour the Mushrooms, onions and butter from the skillet on top of the burger
13. Top with the 2nd slice of Bread
14. Serve and Enjoy!
Not enough items available. Only [max] left.