Double Crust, Double Meat Pizza
It's been a real hot summer. Today it's in the 90's. Got to stay cool, pop some beers & order some pizza, delivered, fresh from your grill..!
THE INGREDIENTS YOU'LL NEED:
- Ground Chuck 80/20 – 3 lbs.
- Sausage – 1 lb. fresh ground
- Pepperoni – fresh or 8oz. package
- Bacon – 1 lb. smoked/cooked
- Pizza Sauce – 1 jar favorite brand
- Red Bell Pepper – 1, sliced
- Onion – 1, sliced
- Mushrooms – 6-8 sliced
- Jalapenos – 3-4 sliced
- Mozzarella Cheese – 32 oz.
- Garlic Cloves – 3-4 chopped/minced
- Olive Oil – 4-6 Tablespoons
- Large Cheese Pizzas – 2, delivered or carry-out, thin or hand tossed crust
1. Bring grill temperature up to 250-300 degrees Fahrenheit. Place coals on bottom of grill, spread out for a light heat.
2. Make ½ lb. sausage and ground chuck patties.
3. Put on grill to cook. Place lid on grill. Cook until desired doneness.
4. Order two large thin or hand tossed cheese pizzas - UNCUT.
5. Remove burgers and sausage when done and place a large cast iron skillet over coals.
6. Add 4-6 tablespoons of olive oil to pan and heat.
7. Add: sliced mushrooms, onion slices, red bell pepper slices, sliced pepperoni, and chopped garlic cloves to pan. Sauté until al dente then remove from heat.
8. Place a cheese pizza on the grill crust side down.
9. Crumble beef and sausage on top of pizza evenly.
10. Crumble bacon over the top of the beef and sausage.
11. Grate half of the mozzarella cheese on pizza.
12. Remove sautéed veggies and pepperoni from pan and spread over the top of the cheese.
13. Put a light amount of marinara sauce on pizza.
14. Sprinkle jalapenos around pizza.
15. Grate remaining mozzarella cheese on pizza.
16. Carefully place remaining cheese pizza upside down over the other pizza and toppings.
17. Place lid on grill until cheese is melted completely.
18. Carefully remove pizza from grill and place on a hard surface.
19. Cut into individual pieces.
20. Serve with a cold beverage and salad.
21. Sit back, relax, and enjoy!!
Not enough items available. Only [max] left.