Pizza Fried Cheeseburger
Pizza , BBQ , Burgers
The BBQ Pit Boys fry up some Mozzarella Cheese to top off a grilled Pepperoni Bacon Beef Burger, covered with fresh made Marinara sauce served on fresh baked Italian bread. WARNING, order some Pizza before ya watch this video! You have to check this recipe out.
- Ground beef
- Parmesan cheese
- Sliced Pepperoni
- Tomato puree
- Italian Bread crumbs
- Fresh Basil
- Fresh bread rolls
- Slice the bacon into small pieces and fry them up so they can be added to the ground beef.
- Slice the block mozzarella into about 1/2 inch slices, make sure the mozzarella cheese is nice and cold to help it slice easily.
- Mix the eggs up in a bowl and take the slices of mozzarella cheese and cost them well with the egg dip and then coat it with the Italian bread crumbs
- Place the crumbed cheese into the freezer, this step is important to make sure when you deep fry it,the cheese stays together.
The Burger Patty
- Take the ground beef and grate in some Parmesan cheese, use about 1/2 cup and add your seasoning, we used SPG. Add the diced up bacon and mix it all well together then form 1/2 bound burger patties.
- Place the burgers on the grill using indirect heat to be sure they cook slowly to an internal temp of 145 f/. When they are about 3/4 ready, place a slice of the pepperoni on each patty .
The Marinara Sauce
- Take the garlic and slice it thin, use the bacon oil to fry it a bit
- Add the tomato puree and the fresh basil, season with your favorite seasoning.
- Heat the deep fry oil up to a temp of 350 f
- Take the frozen mozzarella slices and add to the hot oil until the bread crumbs brown up, that all you need, it wont take long.
- Toast up the fresh bread rolls/ buns and add the marinara sauce to both sides and the burgers patties and top with the fried mozzarella slices, serve hot.