Rib Eye Plank Steaks
Rated 4.6 stars by 7 users
BBQ , Steak , Dinner
The BBQ Pit Boys grill up some Prime Rib Steaks using Cedar planks. Eat like a Steak master with the simple tips shown here. Put your Barbecue Shoes on because we're serving up some delicious, moist and tender, and real easy to do cooking on the ol' BBQ grill.Author: BBQ Pit Boys
- Soak the cedar planks in water for an hour or two
- Season the steaks with some SPG
- Cut the onion and mushrooms in thin slices
- Heat grill to 400F
- In an iron pan put some butter, sliced mushrooms and 1 tsp of SPG and cook it down
- Char the cedar planks a little bit on direct heat for a minute or two. You want the smoky flavor. You may move them to indirect heat to keep them warm.
- Sear the steaks on both sides on direct heat for a couple of minutes.
- Now place a few slices of onions on the charred cedar plank and place the seared steak on top. Close the lid and let it cook to your taste.
- Carefully pull the plank off the grill and let it sit for a couple of minutes.
- Enjoy your RIB EYE PLANK STEAKS on the pan along with the sautéed mushrooms.