Root Beer Chicken Wings
Wings , Dinner , BBQ , Party , Appetizers
The BBQ Pit Boys sword up and grill some righty and lefty Chicken Wings at the Pit. For an easy to do recipe just follow the tips and tricks as shown here by the BBQ Pit Boys. Thanks to Citrusafe for sponsoring this video. We appreciate your support. https://www.citrusafe.com/
- 10 lbs Chicken Wings
- Olive Oil
- SPG Seasoning (Salt, Pepper, Garlic)
- 2 Tbsp Minced Fresh Ginger
- 1 Squeezed Lemon / Lime Juice
- 2 Cup Root Beer
- 2 Cup Ketchup
- 3 Tbsp Brown Sugar
- 3 Tbsp Orange Marmalade
- 2 Tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 Tbsp Garlic Powder
- 1 Tbsp Onion Powder
- 1 Tbsp SPG Seasoning (Salt, Pepper, Garlic)
- 2 tsp Habanero Chipotle hot sauce
Chicken Wing Marinade
- Rub the wings over with the olive oil and finely chop or grate a couple of tablespoons of fresh ginger.
- Squeeze in the juice of one lemon
- Add SPG or at least salt and and pepper.
- Leave the marinate at least 30 minutes.
The Root Beer Sauce
- Add 2 cups root beer, 2 cups Ketchup, 3 Tbsp brown sugar, 3 Tbsp Orange Marmalade, 2 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce, 1 Tbsp of onion powder, 1 Tbsp garlic powder and finally add some heat with 2 Tbsp of hot sauce mix well over a low heat to simmer and thicken.
- Let simmer to your desired thickness
- Place the Chicken wings onto the skewers and cook over direct heat
- turn and baste often until cooked to an internal temperature of 165F / 74C.
- Serve with dipping salt, fresh ground chili and fresh squeezed lemon or lime.