Many prize this cut of Beef, cut from under the tenderloin, because of its intense beefy flavor. Also known as a Spoon Roast in the States, the Pit Boys use the “double rub” technique and cook it slow and indirect over medium heat to produce a tender and juicy Beef Roast second to none. And it’s real easy to do with these few simple tips.
The BBQ Pit Boys use the “double rub” technique and cook it slow and indirect over medium heat to produce a tender and juicy Beef Roast second to none.
THE INGREDIENTS YOU'LL NEED:
Top sirloin -- 9 Pound, halved
Beef rub -- 1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (chipotle or any kind as needed)
1. Coat meat pieces generously with rub and wrap them with plastic wrap. Set aside for 4 hours or overnight.
2. Preheat grill to medium.
3. Place sirloin pieces on grill, over indirect flame, cover and cook (at 250-275 degree F grill temperature) for about 30 minutes. Turn the meat pieces and continue to cook.
4. After, 75 minutes remove the meat (or when the internal temperature reaches 100 degree F) from grill and wipe them lightly to remove excess moisture.
5. Coat them again with rub and place on grill, over direct flame. Cover and cook until done, flipping them in between (after every 5 minutes) for even cooking.
6. Wrap the meat with foil and set aside for 10-15 minutes to rest.