Burgers , BBQ ,
A traditional Sloppy Joe using only a few ingredients like your Mama would make, except with a BBQ twist……and its quick and easy to make for the kids, even after work so be sure to check it out.
- 3 lbs Ground Beef ( chuck )
- 6 Tbsp brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp Mustard powder or prepared mustard
- BBQ Sauce
- 2 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 tsp Onion powder
- 1 1/2 tsp Garlic powder
- 2 cups Ketchup
- English Muffins
- Season the Ground beef, we used our SPG, mix the seasoning in well and make some 1/2 pound meat balls and press them down into a burger patty.
- Place the meat balls on the grill over direct heat and sear them on both sides, don’t cook them all the way through, you just wan to get that good seared flavor.
- Take a good heavy pan like cast iron, add the burgers and break them down into pieces , add the brown sugar, garlic powder and onion powder, mix well
- Add the ketchup and mustard, add about 1 cup of BBQ sauce. add some more moisture using the beer, you can use water instead if you want, bring the mix to simmer and let cook for about 20 minutes.
- Toast Up the English Muffin buns and butter them up, add the Sloppy Joe mix on top and enjoy.