Chipotle Shrimp Stuffed Peppers
Try this stuffed pepper classic with a twist, Sweet Bell peppers stuffed with shrimp. Its real good eating at the Pit and easy to do with these simple tips…
More information about our new Santa Maria grill: https://bbqpitboys.com/santamariagrill
For this Chipotle Shrimp Stuffed Peppers recipe you need the following ingredients:
• Shrimp, medium cleaned, 2 lbs •
• Fish sauce
• Garlic cloves
• Chipotle peppers
• Red sweet bell peppers, 5 or more
• Lime, 2
• Eggs, 2
• Corn starch
• White pepper powder
1. Crush 7 garlic cloves.
2. Chop the small shrimp real good and place them in a large bowl. Now add 1⁄4 cup of fish sauce, 1 tsp of salt, 1 tsp of white pepper, 2 tsp of corn starch, 2 eggs minus the yolk and mix well. Add 1⁄2 cup panko and mix. Take a lime and scrape it for some jest. In a small bowl, add 1 cup of Panko, pour the butter garlic mixture and stir let it cool before then add this mix to the chopped shrimp and mix well.
3. Cut the bottom of the bell pepper and clean the inside fully. Now take the shrimp mixture and stuff it inside the bell peppers nice and firm. Place a few chipotle peppers on top of the peppers, add a large shrimp with tail on and press firmly. Place all these peppers on an iron pan that will fit inside the Dutch oven.
Medium heat, 300/325F
1. In an iron pan, heat a large slab of butter and add the crushed garlic, cook it down a little inside a Dutch oven.
2. Place the pan with the stuffed peppers inside the Dutch oven, close the lid and put some hot coals on top of the lid. Cook it for about 20 minutes on medium heat. Internal temperature should be about 165 f when fully cooked.
Serve sliced in half with a squeeze of fresh lime and enjoy this succulent dish.