Coconut Chicken Drumsticks
Fresh green Coconut Juice and lime zest make these grilled chicken drumsticks as juicy as ever with just a few simple steps as shown here by the BBQ Pit Boys.
More information about our new Santa Maria grill: https://bbqpitboys.com/santamariagrill
For this Coconut Chicken Drumsticks recipe you need the following ingredients:
– Chicken Drumsticks
– Coconut Oil
– Fresh Coconut Juice (or Canned will do)
– 1 Tbs Onion Powder
– 1 Tbs Brown Sugar
– 2 Tsp Cayenne Pepper
– 2 Tbs Fresh Ginger
– Fresh Red Chili
– Zest Of 1 Lime
– Lime Juice
– Sea Salt
– Fish Sauce Or Anchovy’s,
– Fresh Cilantro / Coriander
1. Split the drumsticks up at the thick end and add to a bowl.
2. Add the ginger, cayenne pepper, lime zest, onion powder, salt, brown sugar and coconut juice.
Set aside for at least an hour in the refrigerator.
1. Add the fresh lime juice and fish sauce/ anchovy’s to a bowl and mix in a ground fresh red chili, add 4 Tbsp of coconut oil and 1 tsp sea salt.
2. Cook over indirect heat and baste with the sauce until near done, move to direct heat for the final stage and brown until an internal temp of 165°F [74°C].