COLA SPARE RIBS WITH BBQ BEANS
Cola marinated Spare Ribs cooked “low and slow” on the grill and then served with a side of Barbeque Beans makes for some real good eatin’. And, it’s real easy to do as shown by one of the BBQ Pit Boys!
THE INGREDIENTS YOU’LL NEED:
- Pork Spare Ribs – 5 lbs
- Chilli Sauce – 12 oz
- Dry Mustard – 2 tablespoons
- Cayenne Pepper – 1 teaspoon
- Brown Sugar – 1 cup
- Coca Cola – 16 oz
- Black Pepper – 2 tablespoons, freshly ground
- Ketchup – 24 oz
1) Remove the connective tissues from the spare rib slab and trim on sides a little bit. Score the meat membrane and place on a roasting pan.
2) In a mixing bowl, combine the ketchup,cola, chilli sauce, mustard, cayenne, brown sugar and black pepper. Mix thoroughly.
3) Pour the marinade over the meat, cover and let it marinate for about 2-4 hours inside the refrigerator.
4) Save the marinade in a black iron pan and place the pan over direct heat. Let it simmer for 10-15 minutes by bringing to a boil.
5) Meanwihle, sprinkle some pepper rub on the meat on both sides.
6) Place the rib on the indirect heat area and barbecue for 4 hours at 250-300F temperature by covering with lid.
7) Add some wood to give a smokey flavor to the ribs within an hour of cooking. Baste meat with saved sauce after 2 hours of cooking.
8) Store some amount of sauce in a bowl and add precooked beans to the remaining. Place over direct heat. Cover and cook for remaining hours.
9) Transfer the rib on a wooden platform and cut in pieces.
10) Serve by spreading the stored sauce. Add macaroni salad, baked potato and barbecued beans on side.