FRANKS AND BEANS
German style Hot Dogs in Baked Beans with Brown Bread Cut each hot dog into 6 slices.Melt butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat; add onion, and sauté 4 minutes or until tender.Add hot dogs, beans, and next 4 ingredients to skillet. Cook, stirring occasionally, 8 to 10 minutes or until thickened. Season with freshly cracked pepper to taste.
THE INGREDIENTS YOU’LL NEED:
- Frankfurter sausages — 15 (as needed)
- Canned baked beans — 55 Ounce
- Brown sugar — 1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)
- Dry mustard — 1 Teaspoon
- Molasses — 2 Tablespoon
- Onion — 1 Small, chopped
- Ketchup — 1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)
- Apple cider vinegar — 2 Tablespoon
- Beer — 1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (as needed)
- Butter — 1 Tablespoon
1. Preheat grill.
2. Place a large clay pot over indirect flame on grill; add beans, brown sugar, mustard, molasses, onion, ketchup, vinegar, and beer in it. Stir well. Cover and simmer for 45 minutes. Stir and cook for another hour.
3. Place sausage directly on grill over medium flame, cover and allow them to heat through. Flip once in middle.
4. Remove sausage from grill and chop them into fairly small pieces. Put sausage into the pot with beans and stir well. Cover and cook for another 15 minutes.
5. Add butter and give it a good stir.
6. Serve with toasted bread and enjoy!
THINGS YOU WILL NEED
Large clay pot