FRIED CRAWFISH PO’ BOY SANDWICH
A classic New Orleans summer Sub loaded up with mayo, lettuce, tomatoes, pickles and fried Louisiana Crawfish tails
THE INGREDIENTS YOU’LL NEED:
- Crawfish tails — 2 Pound (or use shrimp or lobster)
- Corn oil — 2 Cup (32 tbs) (For deep frying or any oil)
- All purpose flour — 2 Cup (32 tbs)
- Semolina flour — 2 Cup (32 tbs)
- Cajun seasoning — To Taste
- Beer — 2 Can (20 oz)
OTHER INGREDIENTS FOR SANDWICH
- French bread loaf — 1 Large
- Mayonnaise — 3 Tablespoon (more or less as needed)
- Tomato slices — 11 (more or less as needed)
- Shredded lettuce — 1 Cup (16 tbs) (more or less as needed)
- Pickle slices — 2 Tablespoon (more or less as needed)
1. In a skillet, heat oil until it reaches 360 degree F.
2. In a bowl, combine all purpose flour, semolina flour, and Cajun seasoning. Pour beer and mix to form batter.
3. Add crawfish tails into the batter, coat well and deep fry in oil until golden brown. Fry in batches.
4. Slit bread into half lengthwise and spread mayonnaise on both sides.
5. Place tomato on one side of bread and then top it with lettuce and fried crawfish.
6. Finally add some pickle slices and fold.
7. Serve and enjoy!