GRILL SMOKED BACON SANDWICHES
American style bacon, slow smoked on the grill, makes for a great eating bacon, lettuce and tomato sandwich! And, it’s real easy to do, as shown by the BBQ
THE INGREDIENTS YOU’LL NEED:
- Bacon – 2 lbs. thick sliced
- Bread – 1 loaf of white bread
- Tomato – 2
1. Bring grill temperature to 250 – 350 degrees Fahrenheit, with coals offset for indirect cooking.
2. Slice lettuce.
3. Slice tomato.
4. Separate bacon into ¼ lb. slabs and place opposite coals for indirect cooking for 1 hour. Cover grill.
5. After 1 hour, turn bacon for even cooking. Cover grill and cook for another hour.
6. Remove grill cover and toast bread directly over hot coals.
7. Remove bacon and bread.
8. Place mayonnaise, lettuce, tomato, and bacon on bread to make a sandwich.
9. You can use your favorite toppings instead of mayonnaise, lettuce, and tomato.
10. Potato chips, beans, cole slaw, potato salad.
11. Sit back, relax, and enjoy!!