GRILLED BONELESS CHICKEN BREAST BRINED
Watch how easy it is to make tender and juicy boneless Barbecue Chicken Breasts every time by using a simple brine, as shown by the BBQ Pit Boys.
THE INGREDIENTS YOU’LL NEED:
- Boneless Chicken Breasts – 3-4 lbs.
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil – ¼ cup
- Kosher Salt – ½ cup
- Fresh Cracked Pepper – 1 Tablespoon
- Cayenne Pepper – ½ Tablespoon
- Dried Thyme – 1 teaspoon
- Granulated Garlic – 1 Tablespoon
- Onion Flakes – 1 Tablespoon
- Sugar – ½ cup
- Water – 2 quarts
1. Combine brine ingredients in a bow or pitcher. Mix well.
2. Place chicken in a container or zip lock baggie.
3. Pour marinade over chicken and brine for 1 hour, no longer.
4. Bring grill temperature up to 350 – 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
5. Remove chicken from brine.
6. Wash brine off chicken and dry thoroughly with a paper towel.
7. Lightly coat chicken breast with olive oil.
8. Place chicken directly over hot coals for 2-3 minutes to sear. Tug on chicken with tongs to keep it from sticking.
9. Turn and sear other side for 2-3 minutes.
10. Move chicken opposite coals for indirect cooking. Cover and cook additional 15-20 minutes or until 170 degrees Fahrenheit temperature is reached.
11. Remove chicken from grill and put on a cutting board. Let rest 5-8 minutes so juices redistribute.
12. Slice chicken and put on a plate.
13. Serve with chips, grilled vegetables, potatoes, or beans.
14. Sit back, relax, and enjoy!!