GRILLED SAUSAGE BURGERS
Fresh made sausage burgers served hot off the grill is a delicious addition to any family picnic or barbecue, as shown by the BBQ Pit Boys.
THE INGREDIENTS YOU’LL NEED:
- Natural Casing Italian Sausage Links – 2 lbs, If you can’t find Italian sausage you can season some ground pork
- Salt – To Taste
- Ground Black Pepper – To Taste
- Chopped Onion
- Chopped Bell Pepper
- FOR SERVING
- Hamburger Buns
- Your Favorite Condiments
1. Take the sausage out of the casings – Open one end of the link and the sausage will push right out
2. Add a pinch of salt and Ground black pepper – To Taste, the sausage is already seasoned so you do not need much
3. Add chopped Bell Peppers
4. Add Chopped Onions
5. Mix all the ingredients together
6. Separate the Italian sausage into 4 ½ burgers
7. Set up your grill for indirect heat (hot coals on one side of the grill and no coals on the other side of the grill) – You’re looking for medium hot coals with a temp. between 350 to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
8. Sear the Patties on both sides directly over the coals – about 1 to 2 minutes per side – These burgers have a high fat content so watch carefully to keep any flare ups under control
9. Cook until the sausage it cooked all the way thru
10. Place Burger on buns and add your favorite condiments
11. Serve and Enjoy!