PEPPER SHRIMP KEBABS
Call ‘em Prawns or Shrimp Kebobs, Kabobs, Kebabs, Kababs or Shrimp Sticks -they are good eating at the Pit especially done up in a Pit Boys Orange Pepper Marinade and Sauce
THE INGREDIENTS YOU’LL NEED:
- Gulf Shrimp – 1 pound heads on 11/15
- Shrimp – 1 pound 16/22 deveined
- Prawns – 2 pounds 28/34 whole
- Orange Marmalade – 4 Tablespoons
- Bamboo skewers – No need to soak in water
FOR ORANGE PEPPER SAUCE:
- Vegetable Oil – 1 cup
- Orange Juice – 1 cup
- Honey – 2 teaspoons
- Cumin – 2 teaspoons
- Garlic – 4 cloves minced
- Jalapeno Peppers – 3 large chopped
- Habanero Peppers – 2 chopped
- Worcestershire Sauce – 2 Tablespoons
- Cayenne Pepper – 1 teaspoon
- Red Pepper Flakes – 1 teaspoon
- Cilantro – 2 Tablespoons, chopped
1. Bring grill temperature up to 250 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Take skewers and start threading shrimp.
3. Do not remove the shells as it keeps the shrimp moist and tender.
4. Place skewered shrimp into a large pan to marinate.
5. Combine orange pepper sauce ingredients in a large bowl.
6. Mix thoroughly then pour over shrimp making sure to coat each skewer.
7. Marinate for 25-30 minutes, no longer.
8. After 25-30 minutes, pour marinade into a sauce pan and reserve for later use.
1. Place kebobs opposite hot coals.
2. After five minutes, remove grill cover and flip/turn skewers.
3. Cover and cook for another 5 minutes.
4. Continue until all kebobs are cooked.
FOR DIPPING SAUCE:
1. Combine orange marmalade and the reserved marinade in a sauce pan.
2. Mix well and heat to a simmer.
1. When shrimp turn pink they are done.
2. Remove from grill and place on a platter for serving.
3. Pour sauce into a bowl for dipping or pour over kebobs.
1. Serve with cherry tomato and pineapple skewers.
2. Sit back, relax, and enjoy!!