Potato Chip Bacon Burgers
Potato Chips and Hamburgers are the perfect combo for any picnic or food feast, and now we know why. Check out how the BBQ Pit Boys make ’em, the way chips
THE INGREDIENTS YOU’LL NEED:
- Ground Chuck 80/20 – 5-6 lbs.
- Bacon – 1 lb. thick sliced pork belly style
- SPG – to taste
- Potato Chips – Favorite flavors
- Hamburger buns – 12-15
- Favorite Condiments
1. Bring grill temperature up to 250-300 degrees Fahrenheit, with coals offset for indirect cooking.
2. Separate bacon into ¼ lb. slabs and place opposite coals for indirect cooking for 1 hour. Cover grill.
3. After 1 hour, turn bacon for even cooking. Cover grill and cook for another hour.
4. Remove bacon and set aside for burgers.
POTATO CHIP BURGERS:
5. Separate ground chuck into 1/3 lb. burgers.
6. Take favorite potato chips and crush ½ oz. for each 1/3 lb. burger.
7. Combine chips into hamburger meat.
8. Flatten ground chuck into ½” patties using a burger press.
9. Season each patty with SPG.
10. Increase grills temperature to 325-350 degrees Fahrenheit.
11. Place burgers directly over hot coals.
12. Cover grill and cook for 3-4 minutes.
13. Remove cover and flip burgers. Cover and cook for another 3-4 minutes.
14. Be sure you are not burning chips.
15. Remove burgers from grill once they reach desired doneness and place on buns.
16. Top with smoked bacon, cheese, onions, pickles, tomatoes, or any of your favorite toppings and condiments.
17. Serve with pit beans, cole slaw, or potato salad.
18. Your favorite potato chips, of course.
19. Sit back, relax, and enjoy!!