POTATOES AND STEAK
Bobby Fame grills up an Old School, restaurant-style Potato recipe with a side of Rib Eye Steaks.
THE INGREDIENTS YOU’LL NEED:
- Ribeye Steak – 2, 1 ¾ inches thick
- Russet Potatoes – 8 baking size
- Onion – 1, chopped
- Garlic – ½ teaspoon minced
- Chicken Broth – ¼ cup
- Italian Seasoning – to taste
- SPG – to taste
- Butter – 1 stick
- Canola Oil – 2-3 teaspoons
- Cast Iron Pan
1. Bring grill temperature up to 350-375 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Cut off ends of each potato and remove skin.
3. Cut potato in half so each piece is even in height. This will allow them to cook evenly.
4. Wipe dry with a paper towel to help remove starch.
5. Apply a liberal coating of SPG to both sides of the steaks.
6. Allow to rest while potatoes are cooking.
1. Place pan directly over a heat source and add oil to pan.
2. Seer both ends of the potatoes until they are nice and brown.
3. Salt and pepper both sides to taste.
4. Once browned, add 2-3 tablespoons of butter to pan.
5. Add in ¼ cup of chopped onion and minced garlic.
6. Sprinkle in Italian seasoning to taste.
7. Pour in chicken broth.
8. Place pan opposite hot coals for indirect cooking. Place lid on grill for 30 minutes.
9. Cook for 30 minutes and remove lid and use a fork to check to see if potatoes are done.
10. If potatoes are not done, add ¼ cup of chicken broth, and rotate pan. Replace grill lid and cook another 20-30 minutes.
11. Remove lid and begin cooking steaks.
12. Place steaks directly over hot coals and cook until they reach desired doneness.
1. Remove potatoes from pan and place on a plate.
2. Remove steaks when they are done and place on a cutting board to rest.
3. Add ¼ cup of beer to the skillet to make a gravy for the steaks. Place over the hot coals to heat up. Remove when hot.
4. Place potatoes and steak on a plate for serving.
1. Serve with a salad, grilled bacon wrapped asparagus, or your favorite side.
2. Sit back, relax, and enjoy!!