Sunterra Outdoor and the BBQ Pit Boys offers one of the best Santa Maria-style barbecue grills, a culinary tradition celebrated by backyard professional pit masters everywhere.
Santa Maria-style barbecue is a regional culinary tradition rooted in the Santa Maria Valley in Santa Barbara County on the Central Coast of California. This method of barbecuing dates back to the mid-19th century and is today regarded as a “mainstay of California’s culinary heritage.” Santa Maria-style barbecue centers around a beef tri-tip, seasoned with black pepper, salt, and garlic salt before grilling over coals of native coast live oak, often referred to as 'red oak' wood, preferred for authentic Santa Maria style BBQ, but any cooking woods or charcoals will work with excellent results.
- Thickness - Grill base floor and side walls heavy gauge 3/16" steel
- Thickness - Side walls and Floor: include fire brick
- Width: 36" (Overall 45" includes flywheel assembly)
- Depth: 24" (Overall 29" includes handles)
- Height: 35 3/4” (Overall 41 1/4” from bottom of firebox to the top of flywheel)
- Height Firebox: 12"
- Weight: 386 lbs.
- 585 Sq. In. (30" X 19.5")
- Finish: Charcoal
- Flywheel Assembly Finish Option: Red or Charcoal
- Crate Size: 45"L x 37"W x 48"H
- Crate Weight: 467 lbs
- Manufactured with Heavy Gauge Steel
- Includes Welded Flange
- Double Door Swing Out or Single Door Swing Down and Single Grill Grate
- Cool to the touch handles
- Fire bricks included for heat retention and distribution
- Three Step metal and finish process with 1200 degree Paint
- 1000 lbs stainless steel aircraft cable. Raises & lowers V channel grates
- V channel grates are inverted and slopped to the front of the grill to catch fats & juices to reduce flare-up
- Wood and Lump Charcoal Fuel
- Sliding Damper System w/cool to the touch handles
- 2 Metal Shelves (removable)
- Removable Drip Tray